BECOME A MEMBER TODAY
The Orthodox Christian Association of Medicine, Psychology, and Religion helps healers, helpers, and the general public better care for patients, parishioners, and themselves. Join our diverse fellowship and enjoy
- Members-only events and networking
- Publication and leadership opportunities
- Reduced annual conference admission
- Optional listing in our public Member Directory
Open to care professionals who are members of Eastern Orthodox Christian parishes in North & Central America.
Professional Members work as healers and helpers in many fields:
- Emergency response
- Rehabilitative care
- Social services
- Other specialties
Open to all individuals currently unable to apply for Professional Membership. Welcome to OCAMPR!
Associate Membership is open to individuals of all backgrounds:
- Orthodox Christian care professionals living outside North and Central America
- Care professionals of other faiths
- Non-caregivers who work alongside caregivers
- Professionals who work outside health and wellness
1. Networking, Collaboration, Publication
OCAMPR is expanding and developing membership benefits in 2021 and 2022 to include more members-only networking, collaboration, leadership, and publication opportunities. Upcoming ministries:
- Chaplain’s Corner blog led by Sarah Byrne-Martelli
- Discipline-specific virtual events
2. Reduced Annual Conference Admission
Professional and Associate Members enjoy reduced admission to the annual OCAMPR conference held every November. Past event video and audio recordings of lectures and workshops are available free to the general public on YouTube in partnership with our friends at Ancient Faith Ministries.
3. Optional Membership Directory Listing
Professional and Associate Members may choose to be listed publicly in our global Member Directory. Directories are shared as PDF files with members and the general public and do not include personal contact information, such as addresses and phone numbers, or a map.
4. Leadership Opportunities
Professional and Associate Members are encouraged to run for office. Positions are held for two years.
- Professional Members may vote and hold all leadership positions except Associate Chairperson.
- Associate Members may not vote, but they may hold office as Associate Chairperson.
Professional Members must be members of parishes under the jurisdiction of the Assembly of Canonical Orthodox Bishops of North and Central America, because the Assembly of Bishops has ecclesial oversight over OCAMPR. Professional Membership is open to care professionals in the fields of medicine, psychology, and religion.
Individuals who do not meet ecclesial or professional qualifications (such as students, non-caregivers, and applicants whose parishes do not fall under the Assembly of Bishops), are welcome to join OCAMPR as Associate Members.
FEES AND RENEWAL
- July 1 – Membership year begins
- Early November – Annual conference
Professional and Associate Members are encouraged, but not required, to pay the full annual membership fee of $150 per year.
OCAMPR welcomes everyone to participate fully in all our ministries. If you are a new or returning member with limited income, please let us know what you can afford to pay and we’ll send you a coupon code.